£59,950 VAT PAID
2008 Beneteau Oceanis 31 for sale. Lovingly maintained, with pride of ownership seen throughout.
This boat is in absolutely excellent condition. In fact, when the electrician was on board earlier this year installing the AIS (Automatic Identification System) he assumed she was a 2014 model and brand new from the factory!
Elected European Yacht of the Year in the Family Cruiser class 2009, the 31 adheres to the Oceanis philosophy, 'With comfort in all its form and a stable, high-performance hull, this line offers maximum comfort such as standard in cockpits, sunbathing platforms and interiors enabling everyone on board to enjoy the time together at sea'
I find the Beneteau Oceanis 31 is a great boat for the Solent – small enough to manage single or double handed, but large enough for extended cruising for a family or two couples. Very smart layout with 6 berths and a very large and welcoming cabin and cockpit with all the ‘comfort’s’ you’d expect from a much bigger boat
• Year 2008
• LOA (Length Overall) 9.3M
• Beam 3.39M
• Draft 1.85M
• Dry weight 4043kg
• Fuel Tank 130L
• Fresh Water Tank #1 130L
• Fresh Water Tank #2 130L
• Hot Water Tank 25L
• 21HP Yanmar (3YM20) diesel inboard engine – professionally serviced regularly (under 500 engine hours)
Owned by an experienced yachtsman, with over 25 years of sailing experience, who has made several very smart upgrades including:
• Raymarine C80 colour Chartplotter at the helm with AIS overlay (installed in 2014) – perfect for seeing commercial shipping traffic when crossing the English channel
• Second freshwater tank added by Beneteau
• Custom made folding propeller (professionally installed in April 2014) – provides an extra knot of boat speed when sailing, but still gives you all the power you need to manoeuvre under power. We usually pass much bigger boats when sailing and I reckon it’s to do with the folding prop.
• Electric windlass makes anchoring a breeze with the push of a button (15M of chain and 15m of rode included with delta anchor)
• 2012 155 Genoa on roller furling system (and UV protective stripe)
• 2014 cruising spinnaker
• Inboard (below deck) mounted autopilot for comfort and security on longer passages / when seas are too rough for a wheel mounted unit.
Sails / Rig
• 2008 mainsail in very good condition (with lazy jack system) cleaned and serviced annually. Two reef points both with lines led back to cockpit for safety
• 2012 155 Rolling Genoa in very good condition – with matching ‘Beneteau Grey’ sunbrella UV protective cover
• BRAND NEW 2014 cruising spinnaker with all the lines, blocks and toys to make for easy use singlehanded or shorthanded.
• Z spar deck stepped anodised aluminium mast, with solid rod kicker (aka boom vang)
• Pro Furl headsail furling system
• 4 self tailing harken winches – 2 on coach roof for halyards, 1 on either side of the cockpit for the sheets
• 2 winch handles included
• Sail pack mainsail bag making for easy stow
• Tec Sew Spray Hood, and matching side dodgers
• Tec Sew 2014 full cockpit enclosure – perfect for staying dry and warm on those cool sailing days. Side windows can be stowed securely with custom fasteners, converting it to a very practical cockpit Bimini to keep cool on those blazing hot summer days when you need to get some shade from the sun.
• Liferaft stowage opening directly to the sea
• Lifebouy and holder
• Fire Blanket
• 2 x Fire Extinguishers
• 1 x Engine Bay Extinguisher
• First Aid Kit
• Throwing Line
• Mast mounted Radar Reflector
• Running navigation lights (deck mounted, and masthead tri colour)
• Anchor lights and anchor ball
• AIS (Automatic Identification system) overlaid on Ray maine C-80 chartplotter at helm
• Red navigation reading light at navigation station / chart table
• Emergency tiller
• Automatic bilge pump (electric)
• Manual bilge pump
• Jacklines (port and starboard)
Electrical / Navigational
• Ray marine C-80 colour chart plotter at helm with AIS overlay
• Fixed VHF with mast mounted antenna
• AM/FM/AUX stereo system with 2 cockpit & two cabin speakers – can plug in your i-pod easily
• Ray marine Autopilot (below deck mounted – much preferred to wheel mount)
• Binnacle mounted compass
• Raymarine wind speed and direction at helm
• Raymarine knot log and depth at nav station
• Full 220v circuit (interior sockets 25 amp battery charger shore power)
• Shore Power cord
• 1 x 70amp engine battery
• 2 x 70amp service batteries
• 2 x 25amp Battery Charger
• Battery on/off switch
• Eberspacher cabin heater with digital timer (serviced by the dealer annually)
• Brass clock and barometer smartly mounted on the bulkhead
• 240v cigarette lighter at chart table / nav station
• Hand held personal compass (in addition to the one mounted at the helm)
• 12v control panel with trip switches
Deck / Hull
• White deck, white hull, ‘Beneteau grey’ boot stripe.
• Custom red ‘international’ antifoul paint professionally applied in April 2014 when the folding prop was installed
• Teak toe rails and coach roof mounted handrails lovingly maintained along with teak cockpit seats
• Mid ship cleats installed on port and starboard sides by Beneteau dealer with appropriate backing plates.
• Mainsheet moved to cockpit to be at the skippers fingertips at all times (mounting point professionally installed with appropriate backing plate by Hamble Yacht Yard). Can be easily converted back to factory coach roof set up within minutes should the new owner prefer it this way.
• Custom jack lines installed for safety
• 6 matching fenders
• 4 matching dock lines
• Shore power cord
• Very generous T-shaped cockpit with teak seats
• All lines lead aft to cockpit for ease of handling – this boat can be very easily single or double handed.
• Leather wrapped steering wheel with binnacle, colour Raymaraine C-80 chart plotter (and AIS) Raymarine wind speed, direction (true and apparent) and Raymarine autopilot controls
• Portside locker houses secure gas bottle storage (2x bottles) as well as a very large life raft storage area
• Starboard locker is absolutely enormous – all fenders, dock lines, spinnaker gear, fits in with loads of extra storage for extended cruising.
• Behind the helm is a very nice swim platform with swim ladder, fresh water shower and even a lift up helm seat (on hydraulics) making for easy access when coming aboard from the dingy or from the pontoon when backed into the slip (as I do).
• Number of single berths: 2
• Number of double berths: 2
• Number of cabins: 2
• Number of heads: 1
• Unique Beneteau Oceanis sliding hatchway with integral (stow and hide) hatch.
• 6 x opening port holes
• 2 x large coach roof mounted hatches
• Generous 25L hot water tank
• The first thing you will notice when you step downstairs is just how bright and airy the cabin is
• To port you will see the very well presented galley with large fridge (enough for a weeks’ worth of provisions for even the ‘thirstiest’ of crew, two burner stove with oven, and two (yes two) double sinks. Lots of storage in the galley.
• Behind the galley is the oversized aft cabin - its bigger than the king sized bed we have at home - with its own hanging locker.
• The main cabin has a very smart layout with cream ‘upgraded’ upholstery and American cherry wood features. The upgrade package includes leather wrapped hand rails, a few extra mirrors and some other ‘convenience’ features that provide a nice ‘wow’ factor
• Opposite the galley is the good sized navigation station / chart table with control panel, and storage – and white (or red) nav lights make for great lighting while on passage or on the mooring.
• Behind the nav station is the generous sized head with marine loo, large storage area, sink and shower with shower pump.
• Main cabin has a large table that comfortably seats 6 adults with its fold down sides.
• Forward of the main cabin is the v-berth with its own hanging locker and additional storage on port and starboard sides.
• Eberspacher cabin heater with digital timer and two vents keeps everyone warm on those cool autumn / winter nights.
• A dehumidifier is religiously used in the winter months to keep everything dry and maintain the ‘new boat smell’
• The bilge is dry, clean and odor free – again, she’s just like a brand new boat.
Maintenance / Upgrades (last 12 months)
• Winter 2014 - boat hauled out, power washed below water lines, rudder / keel / sea cocks inspected, anodes replaced, folding propeller professionally installed
• Winter 2014 – Cruising spinnaker custom ordered, and all associated lines, sheets, halyards, blocks purchased and installed.
• Autumn 2013 – Matching Tech Sew cockpit enclosure / Bimini ordered, custom built and installed (matching with existing Tec Sew spray hood & side dodgers)
• Autumn 2013 – Regular engine service – oil changed, impeller replaced and overall inspection
• Autumn 2013 – Topsides waxed, buffed and polished
• Autumn 2013 – All exterior woodwork sanded, scrubbed, and 3 step ‘star bright’ marine care process applied
• Autumn 2013 – AIS (Automatic Identification System) installed – overlays onto Ray marine C-80 chart plotter at the helm.
• Summer 2013 - Eberspacher cabin heater routine maintenance (by dealer)
• Summer 2013 – Mainsheet moved to cockpit (closer to the skipper) and reinforced mainsheet ‘eye’ added to the cockpit floor with appropriate backing plate – commissioned by Hamble Pt Yacht Yard.
The owner absolutely loves this boat, but is looking to upgrade to something larger for more long distance cruising (Med / Caribbean next summer). The owner is a retired sailing instructor (and certificated U.S. Coast Guard Captain) and is more than happy to provide free sailing lessons to the new buyer and his / her family. Note – this boat was never charted or used for lessons – it was exclusively used by the owner and family.
*Avon dinghy with outboard bracket, ores and ore locks available for purchase separately.
*located at Haslar Marine in Gosport UK, PO12 1NU
Viewings highly recommended.
Call today +44(0)7876859916
Price is £59,950 FIRM – you’ll see that this is the lowest price Beneteau Oceanis 31 for sale in the UK. This is as a result of it being a private sale. Should I not find a buyer in the next 30-60 days, I will list with a broker at a higher price.
Call today – you will not be disappointed!